Sunday, March 1, 2015

Baños

So after the moto rental I headed to a little town called Baños, a few hours outside of Quito in the beautiful mountains at the base of a volcano.

This town literally runs on tourism so walking around every other shop is a tour company, massage shop, or cafe with English everywhere. Despite that, it was incredibly peaceful and had a nice laid back vibe and all the touristy shops were somehow okay and didn't bother me like they usually would...I dunno.

I walked up to a hostel, which was full, and then walked to another one where I found a couple travel buddies from the rainforest (I knew they were in town but didn't know which hostel exactly). We went out that night and met some locals, and I even switched shirts with one of them!

The next two days I went zip lining, bridge jumping, canyoning, atv renting, thermal bath soaking, and even got the best massage I've gotten for $30 for hour and a half!

The view driving in. Not bad

Baños is surrounded by this

One of the better views I've had from a hostel. You could even hear the waterfall perfectly


And not to mention hot springs at the base


Puenting!

San Francisco bridge, where you jump from. Notice the waterfalls in the background coming from under the houses!

The sketchiest atv ever, the tourist model. No front brake, no mirrors, 2 inches of suspension.. WTF


No gloves or goggles provided. Not even allowed to use the headlight due to weak battery...let's just say I'm happy to be well and in one piece

Only in South America (last drink). Didn't try it but pretty interesting..

Lowering myself down a waterfall pretty neat

The last fall getting lowered down!

Looking up!

No comments:

Post a Comment