Thursday, March 5, 2015

Cuenca Day 2

The next day I wanted to rent a bike to explore more (aka find the skatepark) but since it was a Saturday everything was taken. I decided to walk then, Google maps said it was around 40 min not too too bad.

I screenshotted the map and headed out. On the way I actually stumbled upon the archeological museum that we passed on the bus tour (I had made a note I wanted to go there)! I walk inside and it's a beautiful well-done museum that is free!!!

16th century foundations with a model house in the back!

A giant oven made it more efficient for artisans to make goods

Me having taken a class on museum curation from my archaeology professor, well I was just about as stoked as could be. I had a guard stop me from taking photos when I was photographing the accession number systems and the non invasive ways of displaying and tagging lol.

After the museum I walked over to the skatepark. I dunno who designed the park, but over half the quarter pipes have like 2 feet of vert, so unless you are pro, good luck airing out and using them haha. Interesting...I was hoping to find some riders there to try out the park but no luck..oh well

Later that day Brad and I had made plans to go paragliding. Holy shit was it fun. Maybe slightly less adrenaline than the bridge jumping, but almost as much with beautiful views and staying in the sky for 15-20 minutes!!!


View of the town we flew over, about 45 minutes outside of Cuenca


Looking the other way towards where we were going to launch. We had to wait about 45 minutes for the wind to slow down just 3 k/ph

Filling the chutes to get them in place

Up in the air!!!

This was where the adrenaline was at. Getting sideways and getting slung faster and faster!

On the bus back, I happened to notice a kid next to us looking at photos on his phone of some paragliders. I thought for a second and realized it was us...who else?! We tapped him on the shoulder and were able to get his photos through Bluetooth, how cool!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment