Sunday, March 1, 2015

Moto Adventures

My last day in Quito I decided to rent a motorcycle for a self-guided gps tour outside the city.

I ended up taking a overnight tour of the cloud forest, tropical rainforest, equator, and volcanic craters with almost half of the 117 miles on dirt.

I had too much fun. Never have I felt so free and in awe of my surroundings being on roads with virtually no cars traveling through the many different climates, but also being able to weave through and pass any car with ease!

I feel like I barely took photos because I was soaking up every second on the bike, but I think these will show the gist.


First stop, beautiful trail to waterfall.

This was probably the best trail I have been on in Latin America, with drainage and even switchbacks!!!

Refreshing myself after making it to the falls

Saw this rock with a rope attached, had to pull over and check it out.


View of locals fishing from the rock (probably trout)

Looking back at one of the last houses in the fishing village, beauty

Had to stop next to this huge gentle fall right next to the road


Soaking up the sun after being soaked for over an hour trying to escape the rain.

The Pululahua volcanic crater that is actually inhabited by people 

No comments:

Post a Comment