Saturday, February 7, 2015

Cartagena Day 2

Today was my final day in this city. On to Medellín tomorrow via a 13 hour bus ride. After spending 35 hours at sea on the verge of sickness/bring sick, I feel I can do anything!

I woke up early since I slept in the common room on a mattress for less than $10 so I headed out with my camera to walk around. Ended up taking a tour in Spanish within the city walls that were built to keep out pirates like Sir Francis Drake. The walls were built by African slaves just like the castle and took almost 200 years to finish due to repeated pirate attacks. Cartagena was the port city back then where the riches from South America made their way to Spain, which explains the repeated attacks.

I then rented a bike and rode around the city ending up at the beach. 


Thanks to my camera's discreet mode, this guy never knew I took his photo from less than 10ft away ;)


The color never gets old

Second day in a row eating here for lunch. I know there are so many other places to try, but it's hard to argue with air conditioning and the whole meal costing $4.20. At least I tried the pork instead of streak this time..

Colombian currency is pretty cool looking

Interesting street art..

Bikes :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment